Update added by user Sep 03, 2013
Following the review, someone at Florsheim finally woke up and decided to send a replacement shoe.Had it been done as a result of sending the original email with several detailed pictures of the defective shoe, it would have been a highly positive reflection for their principles and level of customer service.
As it turned out to be, it left a negative feeling, resulting from the multiple emails offering increasing fractional, yet insulting discounts. Customer Service shows a Company's principles and being proactive to "ASSIST" and to convey confidence in doing the "right things", rather than just reacting to public complaints to simply try and minimize bad publicity.
I would think Florsheim needs a "Public Relations-101" freshman level course to figure it all out.But thanks anyway for finally getting it right, even though it took much more effort than it should have been.
Original review posted by user Aug 02, 2013
My favorite shoe, a Florsheim casual men's shoe, suddenly had its rubber sole disintegrate by having chunks of rubber break off, making the shoe useless.It is some years old, but had very light use and is in otherwise excellent condition.
I have older shoes and never had one where the sole simply disintegrated due to age. After contacting the company's Customer Service and forwarding detailed pics of the defective shoe, I requested a replacement pair of a similar style and instead was offered a less than 50% discount for another pair.
What a company making defective products and being unwilling to stand behind them and offer a replacement when presented with the facts of the defect.- BUY YOUR SHOES from another manufacturer, Florsheim does not deserve our confidence and business.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Casual Men Shoes
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I bought a dress from this company and received it on Wednesday (11/5/14) as soon as I opened the package and held it up, I knew something was wrong. ..."
- "I wanted to share with you a recent Zappos experience of mine. Recently, I ordered a pair of pumps from Zappos. When the items arrived (the pink and brown striped..."
- "After reading review #435510 (9/3/13) on someone having this same problem, I found myself a bit bemused. After only limited use, my Florsheim Comfortechs simply and suddenly "dissolved" as I..."
- "Ordered a bakers rack in December which was damaged upon delivery. I took pictures to document damage as requested before they would send a replacement. Their website doesn't work..."
- "Overnight flight from Boston to Heathrow in January 2013 - upgraded to premium economy as I needed a few hours sleep and my wife is expecting a baby but a..."
- "Bostoneb.com escorts girls have HIV - AIDS BE CAREFUL!!! We did everything you can imagine. Once I arrived in the room she put some music on. We chatted a little bit about..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "Bad water? DON"T BUY from AZTEC located in Saskatchewan Product is garbage, Service and Management is even worse! Takes months to get a service man and Hidden fees for Mileage..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."