Update added by user Sep 03, 2013
Following the review, someone at Florsheim finally woke up and decided to send a replacement shoe.Had it been done as a result of sending the original email with several detailed pictures of the defective shoe, it would have been a highly positive reflection for their principles and level of customer service.
As it turned out to be, it left a negative feeling, resulting from the multiple emails offering increasing fractional, yet insulting discounts. Customer Service shows a Company's principles and being proactive to "ASSIST" and to convey confidence in doing the "right things", rather than just reacting to public complaints to simply try and minimize bad publicity.
I would think Florsheim needs a "Public Relations-101" freshman level course to figure it all out.But thanks anyway for finally getting it right, even though it took much more effort than it should have been.
Original review posted by user Aug 02, 2013
My favorite shoe, a Florsheim casual men's shoe, suddenly had its rubber sole disintegrate by having chunks of rubber break off, making the shoe useless.It is some years old, but had very light use and is in otherwise excellent condition.
I have older shoes and never had one where the sole simply disintegrated due to age. After contacting the company's Customer Service and forwarding detailed pics of the defective shoe, I requested a replacement pair of a similar style and instead was offered a less than 50% discount for another pair.
What a company making defective products and being unwilling to stand behind them and offer a replacement when presented with the facts of the defect.- BUY YOUR SHOES from another manufacturer, Florsheim does not deserve our confidence and business.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Casual Men Shoes
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I walked in planning to sell three shirts I had never sold anything to platos closet before. so the lady very rudely explains to me it has to be in..."
- "I ordered this dress from Rosewe.com for $21.77 in size Large, thinking it was a good deal for a simple yellow dress. In the photo, the dress appeared to be..."
- "So me and my mum got sucked into Twinkledeals and each bought the same grey tunic top which looked AMAZING on the model and in the picture (which I've helpfully..."
- "God is not sleeping Author House is Blooming *** do not buy this book any where see this is my bio. It have become Author House slave. In 17..."
- "After booking a rental car with Dollar Rent A Car I got reeled in to Travelers Advantage with their offers of "$40 of free gas" which, during the call got..."
- "I was traveling in the US (I'm from Brazil) and decided to buy a gift for my father. I went to Lord and Taylor in Boston and bought a Ralph..."
- "DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street #3, Boston, MA 02113...."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "I went to arco store #42755 carwash twice and my car came out dirty both times. The cashier refuse to give me a refund and told me that..."